Hot girl summer is in full effect and while many of us find our social calendars rapidly filling up, we’re still feeling a little rusty when it comes to socializing. But here at The Salon Host we’re always looking out for you and thus took the liberty of putting together a list of our favorite back-pocket party questions so you can be effortlessly curious in conversation with new friends. No need to stress about what to say or who to talk to at the function, with the below questions you can chat up anyone on the spot and invite what could become your next great conversation.
So in no particular order, here’s our 8 favorite party questions. And never forget, people love to talk about themselves! Dale Carnegie’s 1936 classic book How To Win Friends And Influence People can be summed up in a single word of advice – listen! Being curious and listening to others ingratiates you naturally and you might find they have interesting things to say. Plus it’s a lot more interesting to get lost in discussion than just waiting for your turn to talk.
- What’s the most exciting thing you’re working on / thinking about / reading / watching / listening to / learning about lately?
- What’s the biggest change in your life after COVID?
- If money were no object what would you be doing in life?
- Does socializing feel different for you than before the pandemic? How so?
- What’s the weirdest party or event you’ve ever been to?
- What about your childhood do you think most contributed to who you’ve grown up to be?
- Who in your life is consistently inspiring and why?
- Are you optimistic about the future of the human race? Why or why not?